- RAM: 2GB minimum (4GB+ suggested)
- Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 10+; Mac OS X 10.10+ (10.12+ for receipt printing)
- Processor: 1.6 GHz minimum with 2+ cores recommended
- Hard Drive: At least 30GB of space free
- Please ensure that computers are free of viruses and spyware
- Netbooks/Chromebooks are not recommended
- Size: 17″ minimum (19″+ 16×10 widescreen suggested)
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 minimum
Google Chrome is the recommended browser, followed by Mozilla Firefox. No matter which browser you choose, make sure you're always using the latest version. We support the following browsers in order of compatibility:
Note: Your browser must support TLS 1.2 encryption. The easiest way to ensure your browser is compatible with Boulevard is to install all browser updates as they become available. To keep your information secure, Boulevard will not load in a browser that has become too outdated.
Internet Service Provider
Download speeds represent how much information your computer can access from the internet every second. Upload speeds represent how much data your computer can send through the internet to another computer each second. Taking credit card payments is heavily dependent upon your computer's upload speed because the credit card information has to travel from your computer through the internet to your merchant processor's systems.
Note: Speed requirements differ depending on how many internet-connected devices you run on your network simultaneously. Check your speed at fast.com (recommended) or SpeedOf.Me.
- Broadband internet that can achieve the following minimum speeds:
- Download: 10+ Mbps
- Upload: 5+ Mbps
- Cable or Fiber Optic is recommended. Avoid DSL and Satellite connections.
- For optimal performance, computers should be plugged directly into the router.
- If you must use a switch to split the internet connection, it should be rated at 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps.
- Avoid daisy-chaining switches (plugging a switch into a switch). Do not use a network hub.
- Wireless connections will work but are not recommended. Only Wireless N (recommended) or Wireless G should be considered. The wireless access point should not be obstructed by walls or floors. WPA2 security should be enabled if WiFi is used.